Cleaning Velvet Upholstery
Velvet is a particular weave that is very soft to the touch. If not cleaned properly, it can appear damaged. Crushed velvet has been chemically treated to lay in certain patterns. Once wet cleaned, the crushed look will disappear. Remember, velvet is a fabric, and the most important thing is the fiber.
Directions - Method One:
- Use Unsmoke Crumbly Wall Cleaner by shaping it into a ball and rolling it onto the fabric until clean.
- Vacuum excess crumbs with a vacuum.
- Brush with a velvet brush if necessary, using the side of the brush and brushing in one direction.
Directions – Method Two (Optional):
- Vacuum thoroughly, using a brush if necessary to break up crusty soils.
- Test for colorfastness with the strongest solution you think will be used.
- Precondition using Matrix Outset Upholstery Prespray.
- Agitate using a nylon bristle brush. BE SURE to brush in the direction of the nap lay only.
- Provide adequate dwell time for completed soil suspension (about 10 minutes).
- Extract using Matrix Impression Upholstery Cleaning Concentrate, working in the direction of the nap lay only. Reverse-spray and extract as necessary.
- Brush with the nap lay upon completion of each section using a velvet brush.
- Brush the entire piece when complete. Avoid fabric-to-fabric contact as much as possible during dry time.
- Dry the fabric with a combination of forced air movement, positive ventilation, or dehumidification.
- Fluff the velvet pile in an upward direction while drying. This will lift and separate the pile and break loose any remaining detergent residue.
- Do a final brush of the pile in a downward direction.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
List View Grid View
The All-Purpose Multi-Sprayer features a 70-PSI Flojet pump with viton seals to allow spraying of certain solvent-based and all water-based pre-sprays, deodorants, disinfectants, flame retardants, carpet and upholstery protector products.
- Comes with a 2-gallon jug
- 70 PSI pump with viton seals
- Includes upholstery wand with 5001 T-jet
- Weighs only 15 pounds
The Handheld Orange Sprayer is your best value for a top-notch handheld sprayer. Manufactured with viton seals to help prevent chemical damage.
- Convenient 2-quart size
- Viton seals prevent chemical damage
- Rebuildable sprayer valve
Starting at: $19.50Our most popular fragrance, Lemon Fresh is perfect for both commercial and residential areas. Dilute 1/2 oz per gallon of cleaning solution.
- Highly concentrated deodorizer
- Adds a fresh scent to any job
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 1/2 ounce per gallon of water
Starting at: $2.99These goggles features a flexible and soft vinyl frame that molds comfortably to the face. The anti-fog, scratch-resistant polycarbonate lens fits over most prescription glasses. The adjustable headband provides a snug custom fit for any wearer.
- Anti-fog, scratch-resistant lens
- Flexible vinyl frame
- Adjustable headband
Starting at: $17.96
This half face respirator was designed with the wearer in mind. A soft sealing surface and uniquely designed 3M™ Cool Flow™ Exhalation Valve enhances wearer comfort and face fit. It contains no latex and can be used with many filters and cartridges.
- Low maintenance
- Numerous cartridge/filter options
- This product contains no natural rubber latex
Starting at: $8.47These powder-free gloves are the perfect balance of strength and value. The offer protection from a broad range of chemicals, including solvents, grease, oil, and alkaline solutions. They also provide a barrier against bloodborne pathogens and are three times more puncture-resistant than rubber gloves.
- Latex and powder free; puncture resistant
- 5 mil thickness
- Micro-textured surface for a non-slip grip
- 100 gloves per box; 10 boxes per case (XL 90 per box)
$1,490.90The Prospector PE150 is a great choice for basic carpet maintenance. Whether you own your own carpet cleaning business or are looking for an in-house machine to keep the carpet in your business looking great, we highly recommend the PE150.
- 150 PSI pump
- 140 inches of water lift
- 97 CFM
- 12-gallon solution and recovery tanks
- 1,750 watt inline heater
- Wand and hoses sold separately
Starting at: $28.84Finally! Matrix chemists have developed a high-quality pre-spray that is specifically designed for the safe and effective cleaning of both wool and pH-sensitive fabrics: Matrix Accomplish.
- pH: 7.74
- Safe for use on wool and stain-resistant carpet
- Great for those problem rugs
- Dilution: 4 oz per gallon of water
Starting at: $27.18Just as the name implies, Matrix Complete Rinse is a product you can use with complete confidence on ALL carpets and wet-cleanable upholstery, including commercial, residential, and yes, even wool!
- pH: 5.2-5.8
- Safe for wool!
- Use with Matrix Accomplish for best results
- Dilution: 2-4 oz per gallon of water depending on level of soil
Starting at: $18.09Hair and body oils, food, beverages, pet hair, pet odors, and cigarette smoke can make upholstery very hard to clean. But Outset Upholstery Pre-Spray does an exceptional job of dissolving these tough upholstery soils.
- Dissolves tough upholstery soils
- Ready to use
- pH: 10.0-12.0
Starting at: $36.61Fiber Guard provides outstanding coverage and stain protection for carpet and upholstery fabrics at an amazing low price. Each ready-to-use gallon covers 800-1,200 square feet, making it an outstanding bargain.
- Outstanding protection against oil- and water-based stains
- Covers 800-1,200 square feet
- Not safe for stain-resistant carpet or wool
- Ready to use
Starting at: $13.71All Fiber Rinse rinses away every trace of dirt and cleaning solution, leaving behind a residue-free carpet that's squeaky clean and soft to the touch.
- Eliminates every trace of dirt and cleaning solution residue
- Leaves carpets bright and soft
- pH: 2.5-4.0
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Variable dilutions
A traditional velvet brush made with brass bristles set into a maple block. The handle design allows for "off-to-the-side" brushing action which provides quick and easy “fluffing” of velvets after cleaning.
- Stands and separates velvet weaves
- Prevent velvets from drying stiff
- Fluff velvets after cleaning
Horsehair bristles on a plastic block. Measures 6" x 2".
- Horsehair bristles on a plastic block
- Measures 6 inches x 2 inches
$29.23For any spotting job, you need clean, white towels. Not only do they help you do a good job, but they really impress your customers. Don't be caught without a fresh supply at your next job!
- Sold per dozen
- Each measures 18 x 24 inches
- 100% cotton terry towels
A favorite for use when foam cleaning upholstery fabrics, this all-natural sponge offers excellent foam and liquid control and delivers gentle agitation for thorough cleaning. Natural sponges are soft, pliable, absorbent, and last longer than cellulose.
- Ideal for general cleaning
- Will not stain or retain odors
- Super absorbent
$14.90Designed to make sure velvet looks and feels great, this brush is made of fine-combed, anodized aluminum and recommended by pros for use after wet cleaning. It prevents fabric from drying stiff and restores its plush texture and appearance.
- Wood block with fine-combed, anodized aluminum bristles
- Prevent fabric velvet from drying stiff
- Restore plush appearance
$175.75 As Low As: $150.62You would have to look hard to find a feature missing from this air mover! You get a powerful 0.4 HP motor, 2 run speeds, stackable design for storage and transport ease, plus shock-absorbing polyethylene housing for corrosion reduction. The Tempest tilts at both 45- and 90-degree angles for fast drying
- FREE Shipping Limited Time Offer
- 3.0 amps; 0.4 HP
- 2-speed centrifugal air mover
- Stackable for storage
- Can be adjusted to 3 positions
Starting at: $50.84Scotchgard™ offers classic 1:4 dilution strength and covers 200 sq ft per diluted gallon. The bottle hooks right to your PowerForce, Hydro-Force, or other equipment, making Scotchgard™ incredibly easy to apply.
- 99% consumer brand name recognition
- Dilute 32 ounces per gallon of water
- Concentrated gallon covers 1,000 sq ft
- Special bottle design allows for quick hookup to Hydro-Force or PowerForce sprayers
Starting at: $72.62All Fabric Stainshield is a high-quality, effective protectant that guards upholstery, drapery, and clothing fabric from oil- and water-based stains. This labor-saving product makes future stain removal easy and effective.
- Protects against both water- and oil-based stains
- Ready to use
- Use on all freshly cleaned fibers and fabrics
Starting at: $23.12This gentle fine fabric shampoo combines a low pH with premium detergents to suspend soils, dirt, and grime while also preventing browning.
- pH: 5.0-6.0
- Safe on wool
- Dilution: 3-5 oz per gallon of water