Haitian Cotton Upholstery Cleaning
Haitian cotton is an unprocessed variety of cotton fiber. It has a distinctive look because the seeds and stems are still in the cotton. These seeds and stems cause problems in the cleaning of Haitian cotton. As water hits the seeds, they can disperse some dye. This causes browning on Haitian cotton upholstery.
- Dry vacuum the upholstery to remove all excess soil.
- Dilute Chemspec Haitian Cotton Shampoo at 32 oz per gallon of water in a bucket of water. Mix until there is a lather.
- Using a horsehair brush, agitate lather of Haitian cotton shampoo into fabric.
- Using an extraction machine, thoroughly vacuum out all excess moisture. Triple stroke all areas to leave fabric as dry as possible.
- Place furniture in a maximum drying situation. This includes air movers, hair dryers, etc. If possible, you can even put the furniture outside to dry in the sun.
- Apply undiluted KleenRite KleenGuard to furniture.
- Should slight browning occur, correct it with light applications of 3% peroxide. Spray this solution on lightly and towel it in to prevent overwetting. Sunlight, if available, accelerates bleaching action.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
Fine Fabric Cotton Shampoo is a one-step cleaner specially formulated for use on sensitive Haitian cotton and other natural cotton fibers. Its phosphate-free formula inhibits fabric browning and dye bleeding. Fine Fabric Cotton, its stable dry foam dries to a non-residual powder that won't cause re-soiling problems.
- Great on Haitian cotton upholstery
- Helps inhibit fabric browning and dye bleeding
- pH: 3.7
- Safe for use on Haitian cotton
- Dilute 32 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $36.82
KleenGuard SB is designed for use on most carpet and upholstery fabrics—including the most delicate dry-clean-only types. Since it contains no water, this solvent based protector can be used on virtually any type of upholstery.
- Outstanding protection against oil- and water-based stains
- Use on freshly cleaned fibers and fabrics
- pH: None
- Not safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Ready to use
Starting at: $65.35
This brush features real horsehair bristles on a plastic block. Measures 6" x 2".
- Horsehair bristles on a plastic block
- Measures 6 inches x 2 inches
A favorite for use when foam cleaning upholstery fabrics and for hand cleaning silk rugs, the natural material of this sponge allows for excellent control of foam and liquid. It also provides gentle agitation for thorough cleaning. Natural sponges are soft, pliable, absorbent, and last longer than cellulose.
- Ideal for general cleaning
- Will not stain or retain odors
- Super absorbent