Down Feather Cushion Cleaning
Some upholstery cushions are filled with down feathers. There are certain companies that will suck out the feathers, fluff them up, and then re-install them into couch cushions. These directions explain how to clean the cushions with the feathers still in them.
- Use particleboard to tack cushion onto board to avoid shrinking and losing shape until dry.
- With a pump-up sprayer, apply Matrix Outset Upholstery Prespray undiluted.
- Using an extraction machine, clean with Matrix Impression Upholstery Cleaning Concentrate diluted at 1-2 oz per gallon of water.
- Remove from particleboard and speed dry with air movers.
- Fluff and replace back onto the couch.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label direction. Each situation reacts differently and results may very.