Cotton Fabric Cleaning
Cotton is a natural fiber. The biggest concern is with browning. A low pH product needs to be used with an acid rinse to help prevent browning. Speed drying is also essential in preventing browning. This tech help does not cover how to clean Haitian Cotton. Please see the Haitian Cotton tech help for instructions on that specialty cotton. To avoid damage to cotton fibers keep temperatures below 300°F.
- Vacuum upholstery.
- Evenly spray Matrix Accomplish, diluted at 4 oz per gallon of water, with a pump-up sprayer.
- With a horsehair brush, lightly towel this in. Allow a 5-10 minute dwell time.
- In a bucket, lather up Matrix Radiant diluted at 3-5 oz per gallon of water.
- Using the foam apply onto upholstery with a horsehair brush. Immediately brush gently to work up foam and loosen soil, overlapping the previously cleaned area.
- Wipe with a clean towel to absorb solution and soil.
- Speed dry with air movers.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.