Tear Gas Removal
Tear gas is usually used by police and discharged into a home or business. There are two main classifications for tear gas: “CS” and “CN.” “CS” is considered a “super” tear gas and is used more often than “CN” tear gas. “CN” tear gas is more toxic and extra precaution needs to be taken. It is important to know which gas you are dealing with. This information can usually be obtained from the police department. Always wear a full face respirator and protective gear as well as skin creams to protect yourself.
Basic Method: “CS” Tear Gas
- Ventilate area completely, keeping the area as cool as possible as heat will spread the gas.
- Vacuum crystalline residue.
- Clean everything with Unsmoke Degrease-All diluted at 2-4 oz per gallon of water.
- Clean and seal the HVAC system.
Basic Method: “CN” Tear Gas
- Ventilate area completely.
- Heat the home or building to 95-105ºF for 4 hours. You can install a HEPA air scrubber with carbon/charcoal filters for extra odor adsorption.
- Ventilate area again.
- Clean everything (including HVAC system) with Unsmoke Degrease-All diluted at 2-4 oz per gallon of water.