Butyric / Valeric Acid Odor Removal
Butyric acid, also known as butter acid or valeric acid, is a chemical that has an odor smell of vomit. Ozone and thermo fogging will not remove the odor. Butyric acid may be used in vandalism situations, such as attacks on abortion clinics or vehicle vandalism. This chemical is usually injected through convertible tops of vehicles to introduce the odor, or it is introduced into ventilation systems of buildings, doors, windows, etc.
- Test for colorfastness on fabrics. You may have to replace soft fabrics if they are not colorfast.
- Wear protective gear, coveralls, shoes with plastic bags secured by rubber bands, a respirator, and rubber gloves. If the odor is in a building, shut down the heating/air conditioning (HVAC) system. A black light may help locate the source of the odor.
- Diluted 6 oz of OdorX Liqui-Zone with 1 gallon of water and add 1/2 oz of OdorX Last Resort. Apply with a pump-up sprayer. Do not rinse off. If increased chemical activity is needed, add 1-2 oz of white vinegar to the solution.
Warning: Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
When all other efforts have failed, turn to Last Resort. Powerful solvents and deodorants help destroy the most severe odors, including putrefaction, skunk odors and more.
- Dilutes 1 to 2 ounces per gallon of water
- pH: 6.0
- Heavily concentrated for heavy odors
- Ideal for dead body or skunk odors
- NOT for use with thermal foggers
Starting at: $56.55
Liqui-Zone performs in similar manner as ozone generating equipment except in chemical form to convert odors into harmless carbon dioxide and water vapors. It's most effective on dead body odors, skunk odors, charred wood, etc.
- Effective on your most aggressive odors
- Removes odors through oxidation
- pH: 6.4
- Can be used with ODORx Last Resort
Starting at: $48.41