How to Clean Fringe on Oriental Rugs
The fringes on Oriental rugs often brown out and need to be cleaned. Care needs to be taken that no other parts of the rug are touched with these cleaning suggestions, as it may bleach out the color on the rug itself. Chlorine bleaching agents can dissolve wool or silk.
- In a bucket, combine equal parts of Matrix Target Tannin and warm water and apply to fringe.
- Scrub area using a detail brush.
- Rinse with water.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
List View Grid View
$9.14This 10-inch-long spotting brush is ideal for tamping because it is constructed with short, stiff, white nylon bristles for thorough cleaning performance and durability.
- Ideal for use on tough spots
- Stiff nylon bristles maximize your results
- 10 inches long
Starting at: $8.57
Target is ideal for removing alkalines and tannin stains, such as coffee, tea, urine, perfume, and others. This acid-side spotter can also be used for correcting browning, dye reversal, and setting fugitive dyes. It is also excellent for removing ice melt residue.
- Acid spotter ideal for correcting browning
- Removes alkalines, coffee, tea, urine, and perfumes
- pH: 0.05-1.0
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 2-6 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $10.22This smooth gray plastic bucket features a seamless construction, so there are no tiny cracks that trap dirt and debris. A durable steel handle and molded pour spout make emptying bucket contents easy. Plus, a molded-in graduated scale on the inside of the bucket makes on-site measuring a snap. Available in 10 or 14 quarts.
- Available in 10- and 14-quart sizes
- Durable steel handle
- Built-in pour spout
- Molded-in graduated scale