Encapsulation cleaning is an interim carpet maintenance method. In this process, the encapsulating chemical is sprayed onto and then brushed into the carpet using a cylindrical or rotary brush machine or bonnet. The encapsulation chemistry surrounds each soil particle and crystallizes it so it can’t attract other soils. The encapsulated soil particles release from the carpet fiber and are removed by normal vacuuming, which will generally be done by the janitorial staff at regularly scheduled times.
Since this is a low-moisture system, carpets can be put back into use promptly. This process allows maintenance companies to provide a continual high level of appearance at a lower price than other cleaning methods while generating high levels of productivity. This method is designed for commercial maintenance only. Encapsulation cleaning should be periodically followed (every 2–3 cleanings) by thorough hot water extraction.
- Thoroughly vacuum the carpet to remove dry soils.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, spray Matrix Double Strength Encapsulant diluted per the label instructions.
- Allow 10–15 minutes of dwell time.
- Using a bonnet machine, grooming brush, or cylindrical brush machine, work the encapsulant into the carpet.
- After the carpet is dry, encourage the property owner to vacuum. Continual vacuuming will pick up the encapsulated debris.
Designed for a fast finish, the 19" Cimex Cyclone vanquishes the competition in a single pass, cleaning 2,500–4,000 square feet of carpet an hour. Job speed is enhanced by direct-to-pad solution administration—no spraying necessary!
- Cleans 2,500–4,000 square feet of carpet an hour!
- Direct-to-pad solution administration—no spraying
- Floating cleaning heads provide effective agitation
- Reversing cleaning action extends life of brushes and pads
- The most labor-efficient machine on the market
Cleaning performance should be seen and not heard. Developed for a growing trend toward quietly working longer hours, the TRADITION QuietClean SC889 is CRI approved and meets all equipment requirements set by LEED guidelines.
- 12-inch cleaning path
- CRI Silver seal of approval; LEED compliant
- 6.5-amp dual motor; 69 dBA
- 6.1-quart dust bag
- 50-foot power cord
Matrix Double Strength Encapsulant Plus features a new and improved formula that attacks all soils commonly found in carpeting. Its unique formula emulsifies them and then, using the latest technology, encapsulates the soil for easy removal.
- Emulsifies and encapsulates soil for easy removal
- Safe on wool and upholstery
- pH: 8.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 4 ounces per gallon of hot water
Starting at: $26.75