Bat Guano Removal
Guano is another term for bat dung or bat feces. Bat guano carries fungal spores that cause Histoplasmosis, which can be fatal to humans. Histoplasmosis is caused by breathing in fecal dust matter. Bat guano must be handled similar to asbestos since the threat of disease is great. Be sure to have employees fully protected by wearing Tyvek suits, boots, full face respirators or partial respirators with goggles, hard hats, and rubber gloves with cloth work gloves over them (this makes it easier to work with tools).
- Wet down the affected area with Microban X-590 using a Flex-A-Lite ULV (Ultra Low Volume) Fogger starting on the fine mist setting and moving to course fog. This initial fogging will kill anything that may be flying around that could bite technicians.
- Open a window or vent the attic for negative air pressure. It is important to draw air to the outside and not back inside the structure.
- Contact spray Microban Germicidal Cleaner Concentrate (lemon fragrance) diluted at 16 oz per gallon of water.
- To remove guano, have one employee spray the affected area with Microban Germicidal Cleaner while another employee shovels the guano into double plastic bags.
- Contact your local landfill to make sure they will take the guano.
- Clean the area with Microban Germicidal Cleaner Concentrate.
- Apply Unsmoke Unsoot #2 with Micropel. Dilute Unsoot #2 with 4 parts water and spray all surfaces using the Blastmaster fogger.
Warning and Cautions:
Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
Looking for high-quality respiratory protection in environments containing certain oil- and non-oil-based particles? These 2097 P100 filters from 3M are recommended for nuisance-level organic vapor relief and for ozone protection up to 10X OSHA PEL. They are NIOSH approved for use in these areas.
- Ideal for mold, fire remediation, and water restoration
- P100 particulate filter
- Nuisance level organic vapor relief
- Contains no fiberglass
- For use with 3M™ 5000, 6000, 7000, and 7500 series masks
Starting at: $6.73
Get extreme particle barrier protection from non-hazardous liquids. KleenGuard is made from a breathable, micro-porous film laminate and is an excellent replacement for Tyvek. KleenGuard coveralls incorporate a spunbound non-woven texture for more protection.
- 25 per case
- Attached hood and boots
- Zipper front and elastic wrists and ankles
- Passes ASTM F1670 Blood and Body Fluid Penetration
Starting at: $117.60
The full face 6000 Series Respirator from 3M helps provide respiratory protection from a variety of gases, vapors, and particulate hazards at concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) when properly fitted and used with approved 3M cartridges and filters.
- Low maintenance
- Numerous cartridge/filter options
- Filters and cartridges sold separately
- NIOSH approved
Starting at: $125.50
These over the sock boots are one-piece injection molded PVC and feature pull-up and kick-off lugs and non-slip cleated soles. Perfect for working in wet, muddy conditions. Protects to just below the knee, making them ideal for water restoration work!
- 100% waterproof
- Seamless molded construction
- Anti-Skid™ outsole and heel
- Reinforced construction at critical stress points
- FOOT FORM contour insole
Starting at: $16.64
Microban X-590 replaces Microban X-580. This ready-to-use disinfectant kills gram negative bacteria as well as insect pests, such as roaches, lice, bedbugs, and more. EPA registered for spray applications, Microban X-590 is suitable for use on furniture, mattresses, and carpet.
- Water-based bactericide, fungicide, deodorant, insecticide
- Formerly Microban X-580
- pH: 6.5–7.5
- For use on furniture, mattresses, and carpet
- Ready to use
The Flex-A-Lite is simply the most rugged ULV fogger available. Great for applying deodorizers, disinfectants, and duct sealers.
- Formerly called Blastmaster ULV Fogger
- Nozzle mounted on 48" hose
- Sprays up to 25 feet!
- 1.5-gallon tank
- Adjustable flow rate
These ultra-heavy-duty debris bags out-perform all major brands. Their proprietary blend of high-performance polyethylene resin and state-of-the-art processing technology gives these bags a strength advantage over thicker bags made from conventional material.
- Large 42-gallon size
- 32 x 50 inches
- 3-mil thickness
- 20 bags per box
The Economy Tank Sprayer is an economical sprayer with an adjustable cone jet for use when only mild, water-based chemicals are to be used. This sprayer is ideal for carpet protectors, deodorants, and some traffic lane cleaners (pre-sprays).
- 2-gallon capacity
- Adjustable spray nozzle
- Includes carpet and upholstery attachments
- Not for use with solvents
This high-density polyethylene hard hat features a 4-point suspension system made from comfortable nylon. It is ideal for inspection and work in hazardous areas and protects from falling and flying materials. This hard hat also provides excellent side impact resistance. Rain trough and sweatband included.
- Adjusts from sizes 6 1/2 to 8 1/2
- 4-point nylon suspension system
- Rain trough and sweatband included
Heavy-duty leather gloves are important during restoration work to protect hands and prevent puncture wounds.
- Heavy-duty leather
- Protects hands during rough work
- Rubberized cuff reinforced for durability
Unsmoke Unsoot #2 seals and protects surfaces with long-lasting film that is protected against mold, mildew, and bacterial growth. When dry, Unsoot #2 creates a coating that resists microbial growth for up to two years.
- Great on unlined ductwork
- Dilutes 4:1 (Makes 5 gallons)
- Coverage: 500-1,000 sq ft per diluted gallon
- Pale green color
- pH: 6.9
Starting at: $76.81
Microban Germicidal Cleaner Concentrate Lemon is a one-step, quat-based disinfectant that is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew, including H1N1 (Swine Flu).
- EPA-registered quaternary disinfectant
- Lemon scented
- pH: 12.4
- Variable dilutions
- Kills H1N1 (Swine Flu)
These powder-free nitrile gloves are 3X more puncture-resistant than rubber gloves! They're an affordable way to protect your hands from a broad range of chemicals as well as bloodborne pathogens.
- Latex and powder free; puncture resistant
- 5 mil thickness
- Micro-textured surface for a non-slip grip
- 100 gloves per box; 10 boxes per case (XL 90 per box)
Starting at: $7.52