You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
Foster Continuous Defense 40-20 Fungicidal Protective Coating
is EPA registered and the industry's leading coating.
It is formulated to prevent the spread of mold and bacteria in areas such as walls, ceilings, interior and HVAC ducting.
Foster Continuous Defense 40-20 is a polyacrylate copolymer emulsion specifically formulated for long-term fungicidal activity, with no loss of activity on aging. It is formulated to effectively prevent the spread of molds and odor-causing bacteria on its surface. It provides a tough, elastic, decorative finish that allows for movement without splitting to create lodging places for bacteria.
Foster 40-20 provides a cost effective, decorative finish resistant to many industrial chemicals, together with long-lasting protection. It can be used on walls, ceilings, pipes, interior and exterior surfaces of HVAC duct systems and wherever effective controls are essential.
Guards against the regrowth and spread of odor-causing bacteria and molds on the surface of the coated HVAC system or its treated components only. As a result, the building occupants may enjoy a work space free of the odor problems often associated with contaminated duct systems.
- Do Not Freeze or Dilute
- Apply 40-20 to all surfaces by brush, airless spray at a rate of approximately 1.25 gallons per 100 square feet.
- Always ensure adequate ventilation.
- Brushing will require two coats applied at 90º to each other.
- Under normal circumstances a spray application can be completed in one coat, but for extremely porous or irregular surfaces, a second coat may be required. Ensure that the finished surface is smooth and homogeneous.
- For airless spray application, use an electric 30:1 unit such with a 0.021-0.025 fluid tip and 800-900 PSI atomizing pressure at the gun.
- For HVAC systems interior surfaces: Always ensure negative air pressure in the HVAC system during application. After one hour has elapsed from completion of application, circulate fresh air throughout the system to dry the coating. Be sure exhausted air is odorless before ventilating into occupied room area
- Additional Info
- Color: White
- AVERAGE WEIGHT/U.S. GALLON (ASTM D1475): 11.9 lbs. (1.36 kg/l)
- AVERAGE NON-VOLATILE (ASTM D2369): 58% by volume
- COVERAGE RANGE (Wet coverages shown are for smooth, non-porous surfaces. Porous or rough surfaces may require higher gallonage to obtain required thickness.)
- 1.25 gal/100 sq ft (0.51 l/m2)
- 0.020 in wet thickness (0.51 mm)
- 0.011 in dry thickness (0.27 mm)
- DRYING TIME (ASTM D1640): Set to Touch: 4 hours Dry Through: 16 hours
- WATER VAPOR PERMEANCE (ASTM F1249)(Tested at 90% Rh/100ºF): 6.0 perms at 0.011 in
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE LIMITS (FSTM 70)(Temperature at coated surface): -20ºF to 200ºF
- SURFACE BURNING CHARACTERISTICS (ASTM E 84):
- Flame Spread: 15
- Smoke Developed: 5
- Foster Fungicidal Protective Coating meets NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50 requirements
Brand Foster Category Coatings Color White EPA Registered Yes Approved Use HVAC System, Mold Remediation Max Coverage Per Gallon 80 Warranty 10 Years Application Mold Remediation Condition new Xactimate Code PNT S+++ - Seal the walls and ceiling with an antimicrobial coating - One coat
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed