You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
Do you know how to stage a packout after a water or fire loss? How many people should show up? When should they come? This 2-day workshop will teach owners, contents managers, packout managers, and lead techs how to perform a successful packout and how to properly compile and write out estimates and invoices.
This is a class about how to make more money doing contents restoration.
Every day, contractors do packouts and repeat the same costly mistakes because the wrong business model is used. Come and learn the fix for the problem!
Writing a simple consistent contents estimate with Xactimate™ gets easier when you have a template to use. You’ll leave the class with an ability to create a cleaning estimate in minutes on a spreadsheet based on your real costs, sample cleaning estimate, and an Xactimate™ macro template that will save you hours of work. You’ll also receive new tools on how to manage, train, and grow your staff with increased productivity.
Whether you’re just getting started in contents or a proven service provider with a state of the art facility you’ll leave this class with new tools to help take you to increased bottom line profit.
General Class Outline
Day 1: Packout training - Staging an Efficient Packout
A properly executed packout is essential to profitability and sets the stage for fast efficient processing back at the warehouse. Transitioning from a manual cleaning operation to state of the art assembly line processing involves the implementation of a new business model. Regardless of what equipment you may or may not own currently, applying the strategies shared in this class will substantially improve the efficiency of your contents operations.
Major topics include:
- The four types of packouts and when to utilize them
- Understanding the problems associated with packouts
- Creating a professional inventory strategy
- Software utilization for accurate inventory management
- Collecting the right data from the field—time and units by process
- Tags/boxes/and total loss items overview
- Item categorization—packing for process
- Enhancing inventory and packing labor efficiency
- Proper inventory staging and packout sequence
- Cartage, vault, and van pack/transport team duties
- Managing multiple teams on the same job
- The division of labor duties and responsibilities
- Supplies for efficiency
Day 2: The Money Side - Estimating, Xactimate™ Strategies and Invoice Composition
Virtually everyone uses Xactimate™ to write estimates and invoices. However, few understand how to properly compile a simple and organized document that will allow the adjuster to process and pay the claim without the drama of excessive negotiations.
This class shows estimators how to produce clear concise estimating documents that are easy to write and understand. These estimates/invoices get paid faster and allow adjusters to close the claim quickly. A working knowledge of how to navigate within XactimateTM is beneficial. This is core training for Fireline/RedStar certification.
Major topics include:
- The four basic elements of estimating
- Controlling estimate variables
- Simplified estimating methodology
- Inventory categorizing essentials for effective estimating
- Time and material or unit price estimates
- Controlling costs and time budget metrics
- Design and structure of the estimate
- Wording for concise documentation
- Data collection—obtaining the right information from the field
- When to invoice
- Estimating consistency
Registration must be processed through Fireline Training Centers. To sign up for the class, call 800.500.2533.
|Class date||Class Location||Instructor||Price|
|November 14, 2017 - November 15, 2017||Tampa Bay, FL||Davis||$685|
|December 4, 2017 - December 5, 2017||Langhorne, PA||Davis||$685|
|December 7, 2017 - December 8, 2017||Chicago, IL||Davis||$685|
*per attendee with 10% off when registering multiple attendees from the same company.