You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
Chemspec Urine Contamination Treatment (UCT) is a powerful product that handles a variety of stubborn pet odor situations. UCT contains 22 different urine-fighting ingredients, so it is extremely effective.
An aromatic, acid-based product, this formulation absorbs the malodor and neutralizes it for complete removal.
Urine Contamination Treatment can be used effectively on carpets, upholstery and hard surfaces like tile, concrete, and wood. It is even safe for use on stain-resistant carpet.
Choose UCT for severe odor situations by applying it right out of the bottle. For situations requiring a milder odor remedy, dilute 64 ounces per gallon of water.
Urine Odor Removal from Carpet
Urine is a difficult odor to remove. A general rule is if over 20% of the carpet has been saturated, it is too costly to try to deodorize. Urine is detected more in the humid months due to moisture getting trapped in the salt crystals of the urine and emanating an ammonia odor.
Female dogs and cats have higher levels of nitrogen in their urine. Females will usually choose areas of high traffic and away from walls. The higher nitrogen attacks the dyes in the carpet, usually leaving a lighter stain on the carpet. Some urine stains are not noticed until after the carpet is cleaned. If there is a true stain, this can only be corrected by dying the carpet. Stains are permanent otherwise.
Male animals will mark vertical territories and furniture. Keep in mind that urine on walls can spread to baseboards, moldings and other material. Urine is acidic, but, once it is dried it leaves a salt alkaline residue.
- Determine the location of the urine contamination. Best done with an ultra violet lamp (black light) as the urine spots will glow. A moisture detector may also be used.
- Saturate each urine spot with Urine Contamination Treatment diluted 1 quart of product to 2 quarts of water.
- Spray entire room with Chemspec Kill Odor Plus.
- Clean carpet using standard hot water extraction techniques.
- Persistent areas may require a final application of Urine Contamination Treatment.
Brand Chemspec Spot Type Urine Chemical Type Water Based Product Type Liquid Scent Floral pH 6.9 - 7.9 Category Pet Odor Chemicals, Spotters Condition new
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed