Get optimum cleaning power for the dirtiest carpets with powdered Formula 77 from Chemspec. This special formulation gives you a better looking clean and increased customer satisfaction.
In the carpet care and restoration industry, powdered Formula 77 is recognized as a powerful, heavy-duty formula with the muscle to clean more areas at a faster rate -- even removing stubborn spots and stains during extraction. This factor alone eliminates pre-spotting, so your labor time is cut drastically.
- Truck mounts: Mix two pounds in 5 gallons of warm (not hot) water.
- Portables: Mix 2 to 3 oz (1-2 scoops) in 5 gallons of warm water.
Note: For optimum foam control, use the solution within 10 hours after mixing.
Nylon Carpet Cleaning
Nylon fibers are the highest percentage of fibers found in residential carpeting. Nylon is usually factory treated with a stain repellant making it easier to clean. Nylon fibers are attracted to acid dyes, making spills such as Kool Aid a problem. Stain-resistant warranties from the manufacturers dictate that nylon should not be cleaned with a pH greater than 10.0.
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly.
- Dilute pre-spray (traffic lane cleaner) into a pump-up or inline sprayer and spray onto all traffic lane areas.
- Use a groomer to groom in the pre-spray and allow a 10-minute dwell time. Do not allow pre-spray to dry on carpeting.
- Put diluted detergent into carpet extractor and clean carpet.
- To neutralize carpet, dilute an acid rinse into a pump-up sprayer, inline sprayer, or into extractor and apply to carpet.
- Apply 3M Scotchgard diluted at 32 oz per gallon of water to carpet with a sprayer.
- Groom carpet to evenly spread protector onto all sides of the fiber.
- Set air movers in room to speed dry carpet.
|Chemical Type||Water Based|
|Approved Use||Stain Resistant Carpet|
|Cleaning Method||Hot Water Extraction|