You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
CLEAR B-I-N® Sealer is the ultimate odor blocker for interior surfaces. It eliminates the toughest odors from food, kitchen grease, mold and mildew, pet urine, fire and smoke damage, and cigarette and cigar smoke. The de-waxed shellac formula is clear - leaving surface appearance unchanged - and is compatible with all topcoats. Dries to the touch in 15 minutes; can be recoated in 45 minutes. Ideal for use in kitchens, living rooms, basements, closets, attics and all around the house.
- Dries in minutes, can be recoated in 45 minutes
- Superior adhesion to glossy surfaces without scuff sanding
- Blocks stubborn and persistent stains and odors
- Seals porous surfaces with excellent enamel holdout
- Can be applied in freezing temperatures
- Preserves original surface appearance
- Compatible with all clear finished
- Won't yellow with age
- Permanently blocks every kind of odor
- Seals bleeding knots and sap streaks
- Dried film is non-toxic and hypo-allergenic
B-I-N seals surface pores so you use less finish paint. Finish coat has rich uniform appearance, with no "high" and "low" spots. Finish resists dirt better and has better scrubbability.
B-I-N adheres tenaciously to all dense, smooth and slick surfaces such as: dense hardboard, chipboard, glass, Formica® , ceramic tile, PVC & metal pipes, radiators, grillwork, fire doors, and galvanized ductwork. No sanding or etching or deglossing agents are needed to get a firm bond. B-I-N provides an "anchor" for the top coat so it can't be chipped or scraped off easily.
Limitations – Not recommended for exterior application or for application to excessively humid interior areas or surfaces subject to immersion or prolonged contact with water. These limitations are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Application Methods – Shake or stir before using. Eliminate all sources of ignition. In most cases only one coat is necessary to prime most surfaces. If excessive absorption occurs over very porous substrates a second coat may be necessary. For best results prime entire surface before top coating. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not thin this product.
Conventional, HVLP systems or airless systems
• Brush, Roller or Pad – Use natural or synthetic (nylon, polyester or blend)
• Airless Sprayer – Use .011” – .013” tip @ 800–1,000 PSI
• Conventional Sprayer – Spray at 45 – 55 PSI
Follow equipment manufacturer’s instructions. If spraying, use explosion-proof equipment, and wear a NIOSH approved respirator
Tinting – If so desired, CLEAR B-I-N can be tinted with up to 2 fl. Oz. (60 ml) of an alcohol-base stain or aniline dye or small amounts of universal colorant per gallon. Shake container well before using.
Cleanup – Clean up spills and drips with denatured alcohol or ammoniated detergent. If spills or drips have dried use denatured alcohol or ammoniated detergent to soften and remove primer. Wash application tools in a solution of 1 part ammonia and 2 parts water immediately after use. If product has dried on application tool soak the tool overnight in a solution of equal parts ammonia and water. Scrub clean with a stiff brush. Follow manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning spray equipment.
- Additional Info
- Percent Solids, Weight: 22.4% - 23.8%
- Percent Solids, Volume: 15.9% - 16.9%
- Density: 7.2 lb. (4.4 kg)/gal 863 g/L
- Viscosity Range: 53 – 65 KU
- Theoretical Spread Rate @ 1 mil DFT: 464 sq. ft gal
- Dry Time @ 75o F/50% RH:
- Touch: 20 min
- Recoat: 45 min
- Stain Sealing @ 75o F/50% RH: 45 min
- Adhesion Cure @ 75o F/50% RH: 1 – 3 days
- Cured Gloss @ 60o: 5 – 10 % (flat)
- Cured Enamel Holdout: 98% gloss maintained
- Flash Point (ASTM D3278): 55o F (12o C)
- VOC: Max VOC 730 g/l
- Freeze/Thaw Stable: Yes
- Shelf Life: 36 mo @ 75o F (24o C)
- Storage/Handling: Store indoors at 40o – 80o F do not expose To temperature > 95 o F
Brand Zinsser Category Sealers Color Clear Approved Use Smoke & Odor Remediation Max Coverage Per Gallon 500 Application Fire/Smoke Damage, Odor Control, Trauma/Crime Scene Cleanup Condition new
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed