You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
Looking for high-quality respiratory protection in environments containing certain oil- and non-oil-based particles? These 2097 P100 filters from 3M are recommended for nuisance level organic vapor relief and for ozone protection up to 10X OSHA PEL. They are NIOSH approved for use in these areas.
Use with 3M Respirators 5000 Series or 3M Cartridge 6000 Series with 3M Adapter 502, or 3M Half and Full Facepiece Respirator Masks 6000, 7000, and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders.
The 2097 filter can also be used as a stand alone filter on the following respirators: 6000 Series, 7500 Series, 700X Series, and 7800 Series.
Features and Benefits:
- Comfort: 3M Advanced Electret Media (AEM) offers a lightweight, easy-breathing combination not found in filters made of fiberglass
- Versatility: The 2096 is well suited to a wide range of oil- and non-oil-based particulate contaminants
- Simplicity: Because it is so versatile, this filter reduces your inventory and training requirements
- Compatibility: The 2096 can be used with a wide variety of 3M half and full facepiece designs
- Efficiency: Passing the NIOSH P-series test criteria, the 2097/P100 filter provides a minimum 99.97% filter efficiency.
- Durability: Unique, flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting.
Use for the following:
- Solids found when processing minerals, coal, iron ore, cotton, flour, and certain other substances
- Liquid or oil-based particles from sprays that do not emit harmful vapors
- Metal fumes produced when welding brazing, cutting, and other operations involving heating of metals
- Certain radioactive particulate materials
- Organic vapors below the OSHA PEL or applicable government standards, whichever is lower
- 3M recommended for ozone protection up to 10 times is OSHA PEL (NOT NIOSH CERTIFIED for use against ozone)
Do not use for the following:
- Gases and vapors above the OSHA PEL, including those present in spray paint operations, unless combined with approved chemical cartridges
- Aerosol concentrations that exceed 10 times the OSHA PEL with a half face piece, exceed 50 times the PEL with a full face piece when quantitatively fit tested, or applicable government regulations, whichever is lower
When properly fitted, use in a variety of applications, including welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring, soldering, and exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA for concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces. (NOTE: Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode. Also offers nuisance level relief from organic vapors that are below the PEL.)
WARNING: Not NIOSH certified for use against ozone. Do not use for respiratory protection against organic vapors or in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
* 3M recommended for relief against nuisance levels of organic vapor. Nuisance level organic vapor refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or applicable exposure limits, whichever is lower.
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
Time Use Limitations:
Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.
- Additional Info
- Cartridge or Filter Type: Filter
- Height: 4.3 Inch
- Length: 4.3 Inch
- Mission Type: Aircraft, Ships, Vehicles
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding: Magenta
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL): Organic Vapors
- Operation Type: Facility Safety, Maintenance, Repair & Operations, Overhaul
- Product Type: Filter
- Recommended Application: Assembly and Mechanical, Brazing, Cleaning, Metal Pouring, Painting, Pesticide Application, Remediation, Soldering, Torch Cutting, Welding
- Recommended Industry: Agriculture, Construction, General Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Primary Metals
- US Military Spec: No
- Width: 7 Inch
Brand 3M Filter Type P100/Organic Vapor Category Respirator Filters/Cartridges Condition new
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed