You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
If you work in environments that contain oil- and non-oil-based particles, these filters from 3M are ideal. They meet NIOSH standards and feature specially designed carbon layers to remove nuisance levels of acid gases.
Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or other applicable government occupational exposure limits, whichever is lower. Do not use these filters for respiratory protection against acid gases. These filters should not be used in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
When properly fitted, professional contractors can use these filters in a variety of applications, including welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring, soldering, and exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces.
Use with 3M™ Respirators 5000 Series or 3M™ Cartridge 6000 Series with 3M™ Adapter 502, or 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode. Also offers nuisance level relief from acid gases that are below the PEL.
- P100 particulate filter
- Nuisance level Acid Gas
- Use with 3M™ Reusable Respirators
The 2096 filter from 3M provides you and your workers:
- Comfort: 3M Advanced Electret Media (AEM) offers a lightweight, easy-breathing combination not found in filters made of fibreglass
- Versatility: The 2096 is well suited to a wide range of oil- and non-oil-based particulate contaminants
- Simplicity: Because it is so versatile, this filter reduces your inventory and training requirements
- Compatibility: The 2096 can be used with a wide variety of 3M half and full face piece designs
- Efficiency: Passing the NIOSH P-series test criteria, the 2096/P100 filter provides a minimum 99.97% filter efficiency
- Durability: Unique, flexible filter material resists abrasion and wetting
The 2096 filter can be used as a stand alone filter on the following respirators:
- 6000 Series
- 7500 Series
- 700X Series
- 7800 Series
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
Time Use Limitations:
Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.
Carpet Spotting - Battery Acid Cleanup
- Additional Info
- Cartridge or Filter Type: Filter
- Color: Pink
- Height: 4.3 Inch
- Length: 4.3 Inch
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding: Magenta
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL): Acid Gases
- Operation Type: Facility Safety, Maintenance, Repair & Operations, Overhaul
- Product Type: Filter
- Recommended Application: Assembly and Mechanical, Brazing, Cleaning, Metal Pouring, Painting, Soldering, Torch Cutting, Welding
- Recommended Industry: Mining, Primary Metals
- US Military Spec: No
Brand 3M Filter Type P100/Acid Gas Category Respirator Filters/Cartridges Condition new
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed